We have had the longest weekend break here in Aus - 5 days!! 4 days for Easter and then a make-up holiday today since yesterday was Anzac Day/Easter Monday. Add to that my usual Thursday off and I've had 6 days off - woo hoo! :D
My OLW must be starting to rub off because I've been trying to focus on the positives all this long weekend instead of the nagging negatives. That's a first for me! We've still got a long way to go though. *grimace*
So let's see what positives have happened over the past 6 days:
* I had an appointment at the hospital last Thursday and everything is fine, including the fact that the results of my blood tests showed that I DO NOT have gestational diabetes - phew!
* The Wicked obsession continues! The long-awaited Grimmerie (Wicked Almanac) arrived and there's lots to take in so I've been going through it slowly. Excitement levels have been high. LOL Just wish there was an Australian edition.
* Typical Easter weather - cold and wet. Yes, this is a positive because it brings in the mist and makes the Mts look beautiful - what you can see anyway. LOL It also means snuggling up beneath a blanket or warm doggie in front of the heater. :D
* Haircut - I finally managed to get to my hairdresser and got rid of the long-becoming-really-unmanageable locks. Short hair is good for now. :D
* Catching up with family and friends who were up in the Mts for the weekend. Along with most of Sydney it seemed. The villages are usually busy around Easter, but this weekend was absolutely crazy!!
* Managing to take the dogs to the dog park not once, but twice! It would have been more had the weather been permitting.
* Making a start on the nursery. We've got all the furniture, just have to find homes for everything! Many thanks to my SIL who gave us HEAPS of clothes from her workplace. We can't complain that bubby won't have anything to wear. LOL
* Having time to reflect on Jesus' death and what that really means to me.
So that was my fantastic Easter weekend break. Today has been an absolutely lazy, sleeping-in-front-of-the-heater-with-a-dog-on-my-lap kind of day, and I'm sad that it's now coming to a close. In trying to remain positive though, I have one day of work tomorrow (Wednesday) and then off again. Gotta love that!
Hope you all had a wonderful Easter break too!