Tuesday 26 April 2011

Long Weekend Positives

We have had the longest weekend break here in Aus - 5 days!! 4 days for Easter and then a make-up holiday today since yesterday was Anzac Day/Easter Monday. Add to that my usual Thursday off and I've had 6 days off - woo hoo! :D

My OLW must be starting to rub off because I've been trying to focus on the positives all this long weekend instead of the nagging negatives. That's a first for me! We've still got a long way to go though. *grimace*

So let's see what positives have happened over the past 6 days:

* I had an appointment at the hospital last Thursday and everything is fine, including the fact that the results of my blood tests showed that I DO NOT have gestational diabetes - phew!


* The Wicked obsession continues! The long-awaited Grimmerie (Wicked Almanac) arrived and there's lots to take in so I've been going through it slowly. Excitement levels have been high. LOL Just wish there was an Australian edition.

* Typical Easter weather - cold and wet. Yes, this is a positive because it brings in the mist and makes the Mts look beautiful - what you can see anyway. LOL It also means snuggling up beneath a blanket or warm doggie in front of the heater. :D

* Haircut - I finally managed to get to my hairdresser and got rid of the long-becoming-really-unmanageable locks. Short hair is good for now. :D

* Catching up with family and friends who were up in the Mts for the weekend. Along with most of Sydney it seemed. The villages are usually busy around Easter, but this weekend was absolutely crazy!!

* Managing to take the dogs to the dog park not once, but twice! It would have been more had the weather been permitting.


* Making a start on the nursery. We've got all the furniture, just have to find homes for everything! Many thanks to my SIL who gave us HEAPS of clothes from her workplace. We can't complain that bubby won't have anything to wear. LOL

* Having time to reflect on Jesus' death and what that really means to me.


So that was my fantastic Easter weekend break. Today has been an absolutely lazy, sleeping-in-front-of-the-heater-with-a-dog-on-my-lap kind of day, and I'm sad that it's now coming to a close. In trying to remain positive though, I have one day of work tomorrow (Wednesday) and then off again. Gotta love that!

Hope you all had a wonderful Easter break too!

*hugs*

7 comments:

Katherine said...

Glad you had a lovely break - we had uncharacteristcly beautiful weather (it normally rains on bank holidays LOL). We had a great Easter with family and friends. Looks like you have loads of bits ready for your little one, its really nice to be able to pass all those things on as you'll find they grow up ever so quick :)

Alana said...

Glad you are having positive thoughts. I always try and look on the bright side of life and when I feel down about something just think of all the souls who are worse off than me.

Virginia said...

Glad you had a good break - the Easter weather picture made me giggle - not used to see Autumn at Easter LOL! Hope you continue to stay positive, it's one of the reasons I do Rocking Your World Friday - it keeps me focused on the good things and not dwelling on negatives!

Jo said...

Sounds like you had a lovely break, the new hairstyle looks great :)

Jenny said...

Sound's like you've been making the most of the break. I {heart} the new haircut, really suits you. I'll second what everyone else has said. Stay positive, we think you are awesome. xxx

misteejay said...

Sounds like it was a good weekend for you Winnie.

We have a beautiful weekend weatherwise but it seems to have done a runner (it was pretty chilly today). Still we have another 4 day weekend coming up this weekend - Royal Wedding friday - May Day monday.

Toni xx

Sandra said...

Happy Easter Winnie, sounds like the perfect break ... and loving the haircut.

Related Posts with Thumbnails