Wednesday 27 April 2011

Spring Training with Ella Publishing


Not that it's Spring here, so I guess for me it's Autumn Training with Ella Publishing! LOL

This online course started on Monday (it's not too late to sign up and join me!) although with the time differences, I didn't get the first prompt until Tuesday and by the time I procrastinated, it's Wednesday. LOL

Anyhoo, the first exercise was to examine my signature scrapbooking style. Looking back at the layouts I've done (click HERE to go to my Flickr Photostream to see all my layouts), I was supposed to choose three favourites, but that proved too difficult, so I've chosen six!

(Click on each thumbnail to see the larger picture)

6&ABitMonthsLO NewLife
Look Both Ways U&Me
Falcon Pepper Red&White

From these six layouts, I've come to the following conclusions:

  • I like to use bright colours or muted colours, never mixing the two.
  • My journalling tends to be more emotional than factual and arranged in blocks rather than all over the place. I like to hand-write my journalling or use a hand-writing style font when digi scrapping.
  • My titles are short and of a horizontal orientation using letters cut on the Craft Robo or fonts made to look like letters/stickers on digi layouts.
  • I like a symmetrical design, often using a "shelf" for the photos to sit on.
  • The backgrounds are usually plain - neutral or white, and there's often some white space for the eye to rest.
  • Embellishments are often minimal and placed at the corners of the design triangle. I like to mix and match products on paper layouts, but use what's already in a kit in digi layouts - go figure!
  • Scrapping single 4x6 photos is a definite favourite! I don't tend to process my photos much so what you see is often straight out of the camera.
  • Techniques I like to use are stamping (ink or digi), inking edges, border punches, and faux stitching or subtle line doodling.
Do you think that sums up my scrapbooking style? What do you think is your scrapbooking style?

*hugs*

8 comments:

Sian said...

I think you have summed up your own style very well. This sounds a lot like the Finding Your way class I did at BPS - a very interesting process.

Your layouts are fab Winnie - you can really do this scrapping thing!

Katherine said...

Beautiful LOs Winnie, no surprised you couldn't choose 3 :). Never thought about my style before...I like distressing, love flowers (particularily the ones I can make), like 6 by 4 photos, like neutral backgrounds....that could be a style, tho I also like to try new things, loving paint at the moment :)

Amanda said...

Your layouts are an explosion of lovely colour with great detail. I love the one with the arrows, I haven't seen that before, very cool.

Beverly said...

I love your style, all of the layouts are gorgeous, I see why you couldn't narrow it down to 3.

misteejay said...

Hope you enjoy the course.

Love that selection of LOs

Toni xx

voodoo vixen said...

Sounds like an interesting course Winnie! I think your scrap style is bright and fresh and you have managed to see that-which is something as some people really never get it! Annette

Sandra said...

You've got a great scrapping style and yes I think it's summed you up well.

I love the fact that you have a bright and happy style and that your journalling comes from the heart.

Sue aka Greyhound Lover said...

6 of the best Winnie, love your style and your summoned it up well.

New haircut looks super, stay well xxx

Related Posts with Thumbnails