Wednesday 20 July 2011

Explore - Adventure



"A life without adventure is likely to be unsatisfying, but a life in which adventure is allowed to take whatever form it will is sure to be too short." - Bertrand Russell



The Oxford (Online) Dictionary defines Adventure as an unusual and exciting or daring experience. I must say that I have had a good many experiences in my life that have been unusual, exciting or daring enough to be classified as adventures. I wouldn't say that my whole life is one big adventure, but instead I see my life as made up of a series of adventures. They may not happen everyday, which makes them all the more special when they do happen.

Some of the big adventures in my life thus far include travelling to Hong Kong by myself upon graduating from high school; hiking around Cradle Mountain in Tasmania for at least 3 hours longer because we thought we were taking an easier route (but of course it ended up much, much more difficult!!); and scoring a free trip to Canada with Workskills Australia. These were definitely memorable adventures, but so too are the small, everyday adventures like heading down to Chinatown with my work colleague in our lunch break to buy Emperor Puffs or going on a photo safari in our local neighbourhood or even something really simple like taking a different route when walking the dogs. For me, it's the little adventures that shape my life. The big adventures just add a bit more excitement.

What adventures have you had today - big OR small?

*hugs*

5 comments:

Sandra said...

Winnie what a great post

misteejay said...

Lovely post Winnie.

Toni xx

Robyn said...

HI Winnie,
thanks for stopping by! WOW! Very impressed with your adventures! Bet they made some great scrapbooks and our journal entries! Thanks for sharing, see you on the shimelle's forum!

CoCo said...

I agree - I'm more of an 'appreciate the little adventures' type of person, than an Indiana Jones. Great post.

Anonymous said...

Hi, I enjoyed reading your Adventure post.... Loads of cool adventures.
See you in class,
Mandy McK (Moogieof4)

Related Posts with Thumbnails