Sunday 3 July 2011

Weekend Wrap-up

I don't normally do a Weekend Wrap-up but this weekend was particularly pleasant.

I didn't want a Baby Shower - too much fuss - but a few friends of mine from work decided to have a "Baby-Shower-in-the-guise-of-a-get-together" anyway. :D We went to Lillianfels on Saturday for High Tea. You might remember we did this last October for our wedding anniversary so I'll spare you the photos of the delicious food. ;)

Instead, here's a photo of my friends' gorgeous little baby, snuggled up against Clancy (or was his name Claude? I can't remember now! Sadly, he had lost his name tag. :( ).


My delightful friends brought me lots of presents, of which I don't really want to show you as they are mostly practical items such as breast pads and disposable change mats and other such necessities for when baby finally arrives! What I can show you though is the lovely cake that was made for me:


I was very touched as I wasn't expecting this either - it's such a lovely cake!! I must explain however that since I wouldn't tell my friend the proposed name of my baby, she had to resort to "Baby Hua" instead. LOL

It was lovely to catch up with them, even though I've only been off work for two weeks. :D I'm also touched that they did travel all the way up here to the Mountains to spend the time with little ol' me! Thanks guys - mmwah!!

Unfortunately, I don't have any photos of the rest of the weekend - just good memories:

  • Saturday night dinner at Monte Bello in Katoomba where they have a most delicious duck risotto.
  • After dinner coffee at The Carrington historic hotel, whilst sitting in front of a huge {fake gas} fire and enjoying the Yulefest (Christmas in July) decorations.
  • Sunday breakfast at The Conservation Hut in Wentworth Falls overlooking a gorgeous fog filled Valley of the Waters.
  • Taking the dogs out for a good run at a nearby park.
  • Spending the rest of Sunday afternoon chilling out.
I hope you all had a good weekend too!

*hugs*

8 comments:

misteejay said...

What a super weekend - glad you had a great time. The hotel looks fab.

Toni xx

Jimjams said...

A gorgeous cake and a lovely set of friends - hoping you are well!

chan said...

we had soooooo much fun!!!!!!
we love you!!!
and you are welcome!!!

Amanda said...

What a gorgeous cake, did it taste as good as it looks. How nice of your friends to arrange a get together.

Jo said...

Sounds like you had a great week, that cake is stunning

Sue aka Greyhound Lover said...

What lovely friends you have Winnie. Cake is gorgeous.

Take care and rest up.

Sue x

Unknown said...

Brilliant cake - glad you had a good time. :)

Lisa said...

Sounds like my kind of weekend and what a fabulous cake too!!

you take it easy now lady!

Lisa
xxx

Related Posts with Thumbnails