Now, Susan Weinroth wrote monthly update posts on her blog (and is still going after a year!) for her little boy Noah and I'm going to steal the idea because I think it's an excellent way of keeping track of Jasmine's growth. I even copied her idea of sticking the number of the month on a onsie, although Susan made her stickers and I went the lazy way and brought them from Picky Sticky! LOL
Kind of looks like Mini Me from Austin Powers, doesn't she? LOL
So, without further ado, here's Jasmine at 0 months (well, she's actually two weeks today, but it's taken me all this time to get a decent photo of her AND to get this post organised!):
- Weighs 3.67kg (8.1 lbs). We still have a little way to go to get her back to her birth weight.
- Doesn't do much more than eat and sleep like most babies! At the moment she's very good - she's a very contented baby most of the time and will settle fairly easily. Sometimes after a feed she will lie in her bassinet and just look around contentedly. Love this, although I'm wondering how long it will last!! It's probably just the lingering sleepy effect of the jaundice making her so placid!
- Is extremely expressive with so many facial expressions (see photo above)! Of course we love her smiles the best and they're often so spontaneous. :D
- Will feed every 2-3 hours although if we top her up with formula, she can go 4-5 hours! We do want to wean her off the supplementary formula feeds (and the sooner the better) but mum's milk supply is still not quite enough. (I'm trying, I'm really trying everything!! :( )
- Wears newborn size 0000 clothing, although we're finding that there doesn't seem to be a standard with baby clothes as some size 0000 will fit exactly and others are way too big!!
- Absolutely hates having a wet nappy and will complain the whole time until she's changed and her clothing is all back in place. LOL
- Is very active - just like she was in the womb! She squirms and moves constantly, even when asleep. Flailing her arms about like the robot from Lost in Space is her specialty, although a bit annoying when trying to attach her for a feed. LOL
- Channels Houdini and will often free her arms and have them up by her head when sleeping, no matter how tight we wrap her up.
Click for larger view.