Wednesday 14 September 2011

LSNED - Day 11, 12, 13 & 14!


It's been a few crazy days around here, so I have four days of LSNED lessons to catch up on! Here goes:

Day 11 - I learned today that you spend 40 minutes a day blind! In my case that would probably be more if you count the minutes when I'm not wearing my glasses. LOL It's called "Saccadic masking" - our brain creating a "mask" or illusion so that we don't get motion blur from when our eyes are moving around. This is also called the "stopped-clock illusion", when the first second on a clock after you turn to look at it appears to take longer than all the other seconds. Check out the video here.

Useless trivia or cool scientific fact?!? LOL

Day 12 - I learned that with the current routine I'm in (feed bubby, put bubby to sleep, eat something, sit down to rest for a teeny bit, bubby wakes, change nappy - repeat sequence), some days there just really isn't that much to learn. :/

Day 13 - I've been reading through SmartphOWNED, Memestache and Taste of Awesome and consequently I've learned a whole bunch of new slang words (in addition to being thoroughly entertained). Not that I'd use them in normal conversation, but they're interesting to know!

Day 14 - I learned that you can buy awesome things like Lego cameras, Star Wars ice trays or these Mood Mugs, as opposed to "what-on-earth?!?" items like Mantyhose (pantyhose for guys?!?), bacon flavoured toothpaste, or a toilet mug! What will they think of next?!?! LOL


*hugs*

3 comments:

Jo said...

Looks like you've been learning a lot! It was so lovely to hear from you the other day, we are all well thank you x

Sian said...

A fascinating fact indeed! Makes me feel not quite so bad about being really long sighted without my glasses

Sandra said...

You've got so much going on, I don't know how you keep up with anything lol

Related Posts with Thumbnails