Thursday 24 June 2010

Australia's First Female Prime Minister

I don't normally like getting into politics as it often results in me just getting angry and annoyed! But I thought this was a special occasion (and probably will be a one off).

Australia now has its first FEMALE Prime Minister. Woo hoo!! See newspaper reports here.

I'm really excited that we finally have a woman in the top job, but I will admit I'm not overly impressed as she is still a Labor candidate and I'm very much of Liberal bent. :D

Chalk this one up for the girls. Go Julia! LOL

*hugs*

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Wow! I've just seen our international news! congrats to the lady of the hour me thinks!

and lucky you going to see 'Wicked' again!!! hope you have a fabbity fab time too

xx

misteejay said...

It will be interesting to see what this Lady does during her time in office.

Toni :o)

Sandra said...

I read this too, this morning on the bbc website - I think it will be an interesting time.

Related Posts with Thumbnails