Anyhoo, this is Jasmine at 1 month of age:
- Weighs 4.42kg (9.7 lbs). It's only this last week and a half that she's started to put on weight again and finally regained her birth weight (and more!).
- Her scream seems to be getting louder, which we didn't think was possible, but our ears do tell us otherwise. At times she'll surprise us with a really fierce cry, but thankfully she's easily settled, especially when presented with a boob. LOL
- Is starting to smile more and almost starting to laugh. She will flash us a smile at the strangest times (such as in her sleep), so we do wonder what it is that is amusing her.
- Her hair is growing fast, like mummy's. How do you give newborns a haircut?!? LOL
- Now feeds every four hours on demand. She's like clockwork! The longer time between feeds is a huge blessing as it does mean we have an extra hour to sleep/rest and we are less stressed and tired and Jasmine seems to be just as content with less feeds.
- Still wears newborn size 0000 clothing. Some items are getting a little bit tight, but are still wearable. Snug is good in this cold weather (especially as the forecast is for snow next week! :O ). LOL
- Still likes to sleep with her hands up out of the blanket. Sooo cute!
- Has incredible neck control for a four week old baby. In fact, she's had pretty good neck control from birth, but obviously she's improving as she gets older. When we give her tummy time, she can lift her head all by herself and keep it up for quite a while (about 30 seconds to a minute), as she looks around and takes more interest in her surroundings. Amazing!